Let’s have fun (Развлечения)
Цель урока: формирование мотивации к изучению английского языка и коммуникативной компетенции обучающихся.
1) учебная – введение новых лексических единиц;
2) развивающая – развитие речевых способностей (памяти, мышления, способности логически мыслить, умение анализировать);
3) воспитательная – развитие чувства уважения к истории и жизни людей прошлых поколений;
4) личностно – ориентированная – сопоставлять факты, развивать творческие навыки, создавать условия для развития навыков общения и совместной деятельности.
УМК О.В.Афанасьева, Д. Дули, И.В.Михеева, Б. Оби, В. Эванс «Английский в фокусе» для 10 класса; раздаточный материал; проектор; телефоны; галстуки, очки, ободки и шляпы
Good morning, dear boys and girls! I am glad to see you! My name is Oksana Petrovna. Today I will be your teacher. And I want to invite you to my music English lesson. I would like to give you my invitation cards. So, I ask you not to be my gests but I ask you to be active participants of my lesson.
- Введение новой темы (определение ее учениками)
OK, you can open your invitation cards, and the first task for you is to find someone in your class who:
- enjoys listening to music;
- is mad about playing computer games;
- can’t stop serfing the Internet;
- likes watching soap operas;
- prefers concerts to watching TV;
- is keen on going out with friends.
Is it clear? OK, now take your pens or pencils, take your invitation cards because you will need to write the names of your classmates on them. Stand up, push your chairs and start to find the information you need. You have 1 minute.
OK, the time is over. Now tell me, please, who in your class:
- enjoys listening to music. What kind of music does he like to listen to?
- is mad about playing computer games. How often does he play computer games?
- can’t stop serfing the Internet. What is his favourite website?
- likes watching soap operas. Why does he like watching them?
- prefers concerts to watching TV. How often does he go to the concerts?
- is keen on going out with friends. Where does he usually go with friends?
- Формирование речевых навыков.
Dear boys and girls, after doing the first task do you have any ideas about the topic of the lesson? What are we going to talk about today?
( the pupils’ answers)
Yes, you are right. Today we are going to talk about you, about your interests and the forms of entertainment. Let me introduce the topic of the lesson “Let’s have fun”.
Now I ask you to have a look at the screen.
- What can you see?
- What are they doing?
- What do they look like?
- What eyes do they have? ( the pupils’ answers)
- Do you agree with me that they have square eyes? We can name them a square –eyed generation.
- What do you think “square-eyed generation” mean? What kind of teenagers are they? ( the pupils’ answers)
- What about you? Do you think you are a square-eyed generation? And why? ( the pupils’ answers)
- Развитие навыков аудирования.
— OK, now I want you to listen some teenagers from different countries about how they entertain themselves. But before listening you have to read some questions on the screen. Read aloud, please.
— Your answers, please.
- Введение новых лексических единиц.
— I think, you have heard some new words in teenagers’ speeches. Let’s go through these words. Your next task is “Find your pair”. I will give you some worksheets of paper and you should find your pair. But how you will do it, I don’t know. You have 1 minute to complete this task.
(worksheets: the words (a couch potato, catchy, unfair, to unwind, blaring, predictable) and their meanings, synonyms (someone who spends most of the day lying on the sofa, popular and funny to listen to, injustice, to relax, unpleasantly loud, obvious)
— The time is over. Pairs, where are you? Repeat after me the new words.
- Формирование навыков чтения.
— Open your books on the page 122 and find out the text about the teenagers: Suzy, Maria, Yoko, Sanjit and Anya. Choose any teenager, only one teenager and write one statement (one sentence) about this teenager. You have got pieces of paper. Write, please, your statement on them. Don’t write the name of the teenager. You have 1 minute.
— OK, the time is over. Now put your statements in my magic hat. I am mixing. You should guess whose secret it is.
— Close your eyes (pupils are listening to music, the teacher is putting the crowns on some pupils’ heads)
- Закрепление материала
— Who has a crown on the head, I ask you to stand up and come to me. Now we have some teenagers. They don’t know their names and don’t know who they are. Let’s help them. You can say only one statement to help them.
— Great, nice job! Now we know what form of entertainment different teenagers enjoy. And what about you, what do you like to do in your free time? ( the pupils’ answers)
— Have you got your mobile phones just now with you? OK, on your tables you have small sheets of paper like this. Write down, please, your phone numbers on it and swap. Take your mobile phones and send a message, using this SMS text list. You have it on the table. You have 1minute.
- Формирование навыков аудирования и говорения.
— I can see you like gadgets. And do you know any forms of entertainment without gadgets? ( the pupils’ answers)
— OK, dear boys and girls, I would like you to listen to one song (the song “Summer nights” from the film “Grease”). But before listening you have 2 questions.
— You have 30 seconds to discuss in pairs. Pair, pair… ( the pupils’ answers)
— Now I want you to watch this song but before watching you have other 3 questions.
— You have 30 seconds to discuss these questions. ( the pupils’ answers)
— You can see the lyrics of the song. Look carefully, is everything OK with the text? Yes, you are right. Some words are missing. You should fill in. You have the words on the screen and the song will help you.
— Let’s check your answers.
— Look at the screen. What can you see? When was it? You have 3 variants: 1890, 2003 or 1955? And why? ( the pupils’ answers)
— What didn’t they have that you have nowadays? What forms of entertainment did they enjoy? What do you think about it? ( the pupils’ answers)
— So, guys, let’s imagine that we are teenagers of 1955s. Stand up, push your chairs and come to me. I have some clothes to put on. For boys – ties, for girls – glasses, hats and so on. Now we are singing and dancing like teens of 1955s.
- Задание на дом.
— It’s time to say home task. I ask you to watch the film “Grease” and to email me your impressions about this film and what forms of entertainment the characters enjoyed in this film.
— I have my hand on the board. I want you to leave your emotions, feelings or impressions about my lesson, using these steakers. Choose any finger you like and put your steaker.
— Thank you for your job! I liked you. Good bye!